Part-Time IBD Creative Science and Research Writer
Founded in 2019, IBDCoach (www.ibd.coach) is a fast growing, self-funded, and cash-positive startup. We are on a mission to change healthcare by tackling the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases like Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in a capacity never attempted before. We help our clients achieve long-lasting remission through immersive science education, community support, and a unique form of health coaching that emphasizes strategic, patient-driven, and patient-empowered actions. Our initial results from dozens of clients are incredible and humbling: significant reduction in symptoms and disease activity, inflammatory markers down, life-long friendships formed, and lives changed for the better. Our goal is to eventually radically improve outcomes for all chronic health conditions worldwide.
We are seeking a smart, creative, and hardworking individual to join our team part-time as an IBD Creative Science and Research Writer.
In this position, you will shadow and assist our founder Andrew in creating science content related to IBD. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct scholarly research with academic databases like PubMed.
- Incorporate appropriately cited facts into self-produced blog posts, website content, social media posts, and other program material.
- Collaborate directly with the founder to help build, design, and write the second version of the online IBDCoach curriculum.
An ideal candidate demonstrates a blended skillset of strong written communication, understanding of human biology, creativity, and deep empathy and care for others. In addition, they possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree OR relevant science writing experience in the biological sciences, health sciences, or related fields.
- Fluency in Google word processing software and collaboration tools.
- Passion for health science topics (e.g. digestive health, the microbiome, the immune system, neuroscience, psychology).
- Growth mindset.
Bonus points if you have:
- Personal experience with or relevant exposure (via a family member or friend) to living with a chronic health condition such as IBD.
- Eye for web design and UI aesthetics.
- Some proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience building and managing WordPress-based websites.
Hourly compensation is competitive and negotiable to reflect experience and work samples. The candidate selected for the position may have an opportunity to join our growing team as a full-time employee in the coming months.
- Work with a talented team on a powerful mission
- Fully remote work / work from home
- Competitive pay
We receive many applications. If you submit a generic cover letter and clearly have not researched our company, your application will not be considered. If you are also interested in health coaching there is an opportunity to also work with our clients in this capacity as well.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The prevalence of IBD worldwide is going up every single year. This is your opportunity to drastically change lives, and get paid doing it! 🚀